Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pushing higher

Enjoy yesterday's slideshow as we play it in our mind's eye. Hours counting down so yes, we pushed hard to continue the work after yesterday's emotional experience. Peter mentoring Ange in Butare and taking photos of Symprose's restaurant for her marketing brochures. Steve conducting more service training with over 40 staff of Sylvie's and Francoise's. Kate, Susan and Richard interviewing Bpeace staff candidates, Kate meeting with FINA bank to get the latest understanding of the local economic and banking environment. A quick trip to the U.S. Embassy. Exhaustion is setting in after days of 16 to 18 work schedules. We will send a final word and hopefully a gorilla pix or two. In the meantime . . .peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I cried when I saw the video. I am very sad I wasn't there. I feel like I missed the finale. The video is so wonderful. It captures a very real "smidgen" of the obvious, overflowing emotion. I'm glad you ended the trip on an incredible high. Sorry to have slipped out too soon.

Take care and safe travels.

Barb

Anonymous said...

Well done!
Although not physically there -- the videos, photos and written account of your experience creates great inspiration for me --- and for all of my friends that have logged on to check out BPeace.
This is a great demonstration of our vision in action. When a friend of mine recently asked me, "what is this organization you're involved with -- BBPeace?". I answered with, "take a look." Her response was, "Incredible. Let's go!"

Thank you!
Sherry